Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Execution Delayed

With the new information, the Alabama Supreme Court has but a stay on the execution for tomorrow. I contacted the state attorney general, and they said there is still a small chance that stay could be thrown out, so we are still going. I don't feel very confident that the execution will take place. I am leaving early in the morning to get there. I will keep you posted on what happens.

If you check out www.waff.com - I did a cool story about the man that is supposed to be executed. He graduated from high school in 1960 and was voted best dancer!

HIGH SPEED CHASE - at 2 this afternoon, I got a call that the Florence Police Department were in high pursuit of a car. I chased after, and was the first reporter on the scene at a deadly crash. The car that was being chased crashed head-on with an 18-wheeler. A FPD car was also involved in the crash. The driver of the car was killed. Police say the chase had to deal with drugs. It was intense. That story is also online right now.

2 comments:

The Bright Family said...

should be an interesting day either way--I watched both news pieces--good job! I did my own research on Arthur--I heard he shot a police man--that true?

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

Oh my what a day! Makes mine sound boring! Keep us posted.