Friday, July 3, 2020

My new job!

I will be moving to Dawson Middle School in Southlake, Texas for the 2020 - 2021 school year! I am super excited to be making the move to the suburbs! During quarantine, I started looking at other opportunities. I felt like I had accomplished everything I wanted to do at Hill, and new if I did not try something new I would not continue to grow. I had applied for a Texas History position at Dawson, but when the principal, Ryan Wilson, called he said they had another position he thought I would be a better fit for - a journalism teacher! I had to go through two Zoom video conferencing interviews and was offered the job as the new journalism teacher. I will be teaching different courses on yearbook, newspaper, photojournalism, TV/Radio. I also found out that I will be teaching two Texas History courses as well. I am super excited about that because I love Texas History. Dawson Middle School is part of the Carroll ISD. It only has grades 7-8. I am excited to see where this year will take me!

No comments: