Friday, July 3, 2020

COVID19 Pandemic

Right before spring break in March, the threat of COVID19 hit the United States. This virus, similar to the flu, but has no cure, started spreading quickly after hitting China hard first. It has spread across the world and has caused over 100,000 deaths in the US alone. The virus, is not deadly for most, but for those who have weak immune systems, it can be a death sentence. It is very contagious and many people do not show symptoms and can spread it unknowingly. It caused fever, body aches, and problems breathing. They are working on vaccine, but they have no idea when that will be developed. We never returned to school after Spring Break and went to online learning. Schools are not sure what will happen in August when we go back. The cases have been on the rise recently. Here in Dallas we had a record number of cases reported today - 1,075. The governor has issued a state wide mask order. You have to wear a mask if you go to any public area. They ask you to avoid large crowds. I have not been able to go see my parents because I do not want to bring anything to them. One of my sisters, and her family, has tested positive and I have had some coworkers get sick. It has been rough. I a lot of businesses have been closing. Movie theaters and museums have not been open since March. A lot of people have lost their jobs. The government did give everyone a $1200 check to help during these times, but for many it hasn't helped much. I hope it ends soon and a vaccine is developed sooner than later. It has been a very interesting time. Oh yea! There was also a toilet paper shortage. Everyone started to buy toilet paper worrying it would run out. I now buy an extra package, so I won't have to worry if it happens again.

No comments: