Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Josh's New Apartment

I haven't posted anything in a loooong time, so I thought I would do a little update on my life.

I signed a new 2-year contract at WATE-TV, so it looks like I will be in Tennessee for a few more years. I really love my job, and Knoxville is a great place to live. I think I will enjoy being here for a little while longer. This will be my first time to stay in one for longer than two years in quite awhile.

I am also getting a new place to live. An apartment opened up in my current building, and my landlord gave me first dibs on it. It is three times larger than where I am now. I will finally have a washer and dryer hook-up, which will be super nice. I really like my neighborhood, and it's super nice being only one minute from work. I finally will have room to invite people over. A studio apartment is small.

Besides work, church keeps me busy. Last night, I organized a missionary blitz. We have four missionaries in our ward, so I got three more members to come out, so we could canvass a larger area. Along with being the ward mission leader, I teach Sunday School every Sunday. We have had six baptism since I have been in this calling, and one more planned for tomorrow night.

On another church note . . . I have asked to be part of a panel at the First Baptist Church Knoxville to talk about Mormons. My bishop and another member, who is part of public affairs, will join me. I am friends with the senior pastor at the church, and he asked me to come to talk about my faith. There will also be a professor of world religion, and a church historian there. It should be interesting. It is being held on February 15th.

Another thing I am really excited for is everyone coming over for Kelsey's graduation. I have the whole week off from work. I can't wait to show everyone around East Tennessee.

I hope everyone is doing well . . . call me if you ever need anything!

No comments: