Sunday, March 29, 2009

Amber rocks Florence Ward's Senior Primary Sharing Time

Today my primary class was in charge of sharing time in primary (the last half hour in our church service.) We are learning about families, and we were assigned families. I got my 6 kids to draw pictures of their favorite brother or sister, and then share a story about them. I then had a big SURPRISE! I called Amber on my cell phone, and put her on speaker phone. She shared a couple of experience when we were kids, and then she bore her testimony. The spirit was really strong, and the kids were very reverent. I ended by saying it so important to love your siblings now because one day they might not be close by. I asked all the kids to do one nice thing for their brothers and sisters this week. I ended by showing a picture of Jesus Christ, he is our ultimate example of a big brother.
I believe it was one of the best sharing times in church history. I appreciate Amber missing part of her sacrament meeting to help me with my lesson.

4 comments:

Marsha McKneely Ault said...

Brought tears to my eyes and a warm tingly feeling to my heart! I love my kiddos. :) Families are forever!

Ally said...

That is the best idea! I think I will steal it for when I have to do my sharing time with my class..but does that mean Amber is your favorite????

The Bright Family said...

Josh--no problem!! it was fun.

Ally--yes, that's exactly what it means.

Josh said...

I can't answer that question.