Friday, May 6, 2022

2021-2022 School Year

We only have three more weeks of this school year! It really flew by fast. This is my 7th year teaching. One of the big highlights of the school year was a visit by Katie Couric. I had messenged her on Instagram and she responded! She spoke to my journalism students via Zoom. It was pretty amazing. David Muir, the anchor of ABC World News Tonight, also sent my students some autographed pictures. We had an amazing vitural field trip to the Dallas Holocaust and Human Rights Museum again for my social studies classes. We also collected goodies for two students brothers who are serving in the military. The PTSO gave us $2,500 to build a brand new news desk! It looks really good. The yearbook just arrived this week and it looks great! I am definitely ready for summer break!

No comments: