Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hazel White

On Saturday, my good friend Hazel White was buried in Jefferson City, TN. She died from a heart attack a few days earlier. Sister White used to ride with me to church almost every Sunday, and I was her home teacher (a calling in the church where we visit families each month). Just a few weeks ago, she gave me a salt and pepper set for my new apartment. It has a huge flower and hummingbird. It is something I will always cherish. I had never met Sister White's children, she has a daughter and two sons, but since she talked so much about me, they asked me to be a pallbearer at the funeral. It really meant a lot to take part in the service. I will miss you Sister White and can't wait to see you again!

1 comment:

The Bright Family said...

That's really neat Josh---you are a good person. :) I'm proud of you and the person you are. :)