Saturday, January 29, 2011

10 Things I Love

I just read an old blog from Amber about her 26 things she is grateful for, so I thought I would do the same, so here we go . . .

1. Working. Ever since I was a kid I knew I wanted to be a TV reporter. Even though there is no job security, low pay, and long hours - it still great to have the opportunity to change people's lives and keep people informed.

2. Church. I know some people think it is crazy, but I like going to church. It makes me feel better, and continues to help me improve my life. I recommend it.

3. Sushi. I know this might be a shock to some, but since I moved to Knoxville I found this great sushi restaurant called Nama. I actually did a story about one of their locations moving. The sushi there is sooooo good. When you come visit I will take you.

4. Reality TV. I am just like Amber on this one. I love me some Amazing Race, Survivor, and American Idol. I worked nights all this week, so I haven't been able to catch the new episodes of AI, but I plan to catch up next week when I work day side.

5. My Jeep. In December, my dad helped me get a new car: 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It is only the second car, but it's is so nice (expect for the new car payment).

6. iPhone: I am not into new technology. I still don't text, but a few months ago I broke down and bought an iPhone 4. I can't imagine life without it. Along with making old fashioned phone calls you can play cool games, download music, and check your e-mail - all with no buttons. I want to think my nephew Harrison Youngblood for teaching me how to use it.

7. My Family. I love my family. I hate being so far away from Texas. I am glad I am close to Leigh and her family (they are in Asheville, NC).

8. News. I have to know what is going on the world. I know it is part of my job, but if I ever do get out of news I won't stop checking www.cnn.com

9. Roller-coasters. When I was a teenager, I wouldn't ride any roller-coasters, but after an internship at Walt Disney World I fell in love with them. It is great living so close to Dollywood and getting to ride a roller-coaster whenever I want.

10. Spin Classes. I did my first spin class in Alexandria, LA. Since then I have done hundreds of spin classes. I feel it is one of the best cardio workouts you can do. Again, I highly recommend it.

I was going to do 26, but I am too tired (still at work). It's great to remember how many things you're grateful for.

No comments: