Thursday, August 7, 2008

I got a letter from an inmate on DEATH ROW!

















That's right! Tommy Arthur responded to my letter I sent 2 days before he WAS supposed to be executed. I have attached some photos of the letter. In it he never says he is innocent. He says to get the full story I need to contact his daughter, so I will be doing that. He talks a lot about the death penalty, and how he feels it is wrong. He calls out all the Christians for believing in it. He also has some very unkind words for the Alabama State Attorney General Troy King, and the Governor of Alabama Bob Riley. The best part, he granted me an interview. I don't know the rules or laws, but I think if the inmate give you permission you can get access for an interview. I will let you know if that happens. It was pretty exciting to get the letter. Tomorrow we are going to do several stories about what he said. This is a first for me - a letter from a death row inmate!

4 comments:

The Bright Family said...

that's kind of scary--:(

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's crazy! I hope you get the interview. This so exciting. Keep me updated!

I love you!

Jules said...

That is pretty dang awesome Josh! :) Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it all turns out.

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

Creepy but cool. Keep us posted. :)