Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

In the news business you get to work a lot of holidays - and today was one of them. Each day I do 2 stories; one for the 5 and 6 newscasts.

Today was interesting. At McFarland Park in Florence they have activities all day, then a big fire work show at 9. At around noon today, a thunderstorm came through. A tree was struck by lightning, and a teenage girl was electrocuted. She just had minor injuries, but was taken to the hospital to be checked out. I was the only TV reporter there right after it happened. I got the tree smoking, and the fire department putting it out.

The other story I did today was about a family from Sheffield, AL that had their home destroyed by fire early this morning. 2 of the family members had to be rescued by the fire department. Everyone is ok now. Even there pet rabbit, spunky got out ok. I did a stand-up with him for my story today. The two people I interviewed for the story were drunk - they hid their beer cans so they wouldn't be in my shot.

Tomorrow Ginger and her family, Dad, Mom, and the Youngblood kids will all be here. It will be a full house.

Hope everyone has a great 4th of July!

Josh

No comments: